I’ve been in residential construction over 20 years in one capacity or another. l joined ROC Homes as a consultant and was brought on full-time in January 2020. I have been married going on 7 years and have an amazing bonus son. In my spare time I help with fundraising efforts for the Randall Beckendorff Memorial Scholarship and, the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, and an All-women’s buyer’s group called LIPS (Ladies Into Purchasing Stock). Recently, GHBA started the PWB (Professional Women in Building Chapter) and I am an inaugural member of this group. I am a native Houstonian and obtained my Bachelor’s degree in Business from the University of Houston-Downtown.
- Do you prefer staying up late or waking up early in the morning? It really depends on if I got sleep or not. ;p
- Name a role model who has inspired you in your career. Darryl Stewart – he hired me on a Saturday on MY Schedule. At the time, I was working, going to school, playing softball, & pool. Then, I worked around HIS schedule to learn from him. He was patient with my endless questions. He also obliged me to help me work around my college schedule when I couldn’t take a particular class at night/online because it wasn’t offered that way. So, one semester, my “Lunch Time” was from 9:30-10:30 because that was the only time I could get to that class.
- Tell me about the first job you had. Floor Guard at a Skating rink…and then, I also worked for the same man because he owned 3 businesses. So, I worked for him doing data entry for his Night Club & Printing Company.
- What led you to work in this industry? I love the diversification in that there’s something different every day. My 1st Construction job was for a large homebuilder and worked in a Purchasing Dept of 13.
- What energizes you when you're at work? The buzz in the office when there’s a home sale.
- If you were stranded on a tropical island what are your three "must-haves"? Soft Toilet Paper, Food, Music.